Tuesday, August 03, 2021

Farewell, Scott Mardis

 My friend Scott Mardis has died. Scott was a cryptozoologist who might have been more dedicated to his investigations than anyone else I know. While he never convinced me his beloved Champ or other "lake monsters" existed, it never affected our friendly relationship or our discussions of cryptozoological lore. I appeared on his internet program The Haunted Sea and greatly enjoyed it. He came back to Lake Champlain year after year with new tools and new ideas. His enthusiasm was infectious and his determination unrivaled. He loved every day of his quest. Goodbye, Scott. I hope you have your answers now. If anyone ever does discover a lake cryptid, I hope they name it after you.


Here's a much more detailed obituary by Loren Coleman.

No comments: